The Traffic Specialist negotiates and quotes transportation rates with carriers and schedules LTL and FTL trucks to maximize the performance of the Shipping Department.
Essential Functions and Duties
• Utilization carrier systems to obtain the best freight quote and timing for a given load.
• Schedule loads using the ERP system and visual display boards.
• Maintain and report out performance tracking, on-time pickup, on-time delivery, completeness, damage rates, of awarded business by carrier. Communicate carrier performance both internally and externally
• Escalate carrier related issues to the Shipping Dept Manager.
• Manage the Freight claims process ensure timely follow-up and accurate remittance by carriers.
• Research new opportunities for new freight transportation opportunities that would improve cost and/or lead time.
• Assist in the development of key relationships with core group of freight carriers specializing in furniture.
• Manage outbound freight invoices.
• Strong working knowledge of MS Office products, particularly Outlook and Excel.
• Familiarity and aptitude working inside web-based ERP systems.
• Experience with transportation quoting tools
• Knowledge of the transportation industry methods and nomenclature.
• Experience in negotiating rates and best routes.
• Collaboration: Effectively builds and maintains partnerships with clients, and personnel at all levels across the company. Contributes to team and company success. Maintain flexibility and react to change appropriately. Communicates and shares information with candor that builds trust and enhances relationships.
• Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
• Approachability: Is easy to approach and talk to; spends the extra effort to put others at ease; can be warm, pleasant, and gracious; is sensitive to and patient with the interpersonal anxieties of others; builds rapport well; is a good listener; is an early knower, getting informal and incomplete information in time to do something about it.
• Priority Setting: Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
• Timely Decision Making: Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; able to make a quick decision.
• Attention to Detail: Consistently performs checks on work product to ensure high quality data and instructions are delivered to downstream processes and team members.
Apply today–start tomorrow!