A great Port Townsend company is looking to bring on a temp Accounts Payable Specialist. The hours are Monday through Friday and the pay is between $20-22 per hour.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for managing and maintaining all activities and operations in the Accounts Payable function. This position coordinates and fulfills the responsibilities of the full accounts payable (AP) cycle including reviewing & verifying invoices, expenses, and check requests; AP reporting; AP reconciliations; and AP tax reporting. This position partners regularly with the Materials Management team and is expected to stay on top of all best practices, rules, and laws impacting accounts payable.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for accurate coding and input of invoices.
• Ensures timely payments of vendor invoices and expense vouchers and maintains accurate financial records and control reports.
• Analyzes invoices and expense reports for accuracy and eligibility for payment.
• Ensures appropriate management approval and work with vendors and managers to resolve questions regarding invoices or expensed amounts.
• Responsible for responding to inquiries and making all payments in a timely manner.
• Reconciles AP to vendor statements and research discrepancies.
• Audits all AP for compliance with existing policies.
• Coordinates with other departments that are involved in the AP process.
• Assists in tracking capital invoices, continuing education and licensure, prepaid expenses, and AP accruals.
• Assists in the entry and match of purchase order invoicing.
• Prepares payable register and related reports in a timely manner.
• Inspects automated system output such as registers and standard reports.
• Determines and corrects out-of-balance conditions.
• Coordinates 1099 filing including collection of W9s for new vendors.
• Prepares unclaimed property and tax reports as assigned
• Assists in preparing information for audits and cost reports.
• Researches and prepares special reports and job aids for management.
• Gathers accounts payable data for inclusion in the financial statements.
• Seeks out and takes advantage of opportunities to collaborate in order to streamline, consolidate, restructure, and preserve resources.
• Reviews and updates policies and procedures for AP.
• Recommends and implements process improvement strategies.
• Trains leaders on process and procedures.
• Assist with other projects as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Anticipates and solves problems for self, and other lower level/same level employees within and outside own department
• Under general direction, examines moderately complex information and/or situations and prepares summary, including recommendations for review by others
• Most decisions are made within company policy constraints, and some latitude exists.
• Decisions may impact others or the organizations
• Operates somewhat complex equipment, often-requiring education or training, including computer hardware/software
• Provides basic work direction and support to others, usually consisting of skilled and semi-skilled employees.
• Communicates with staff and leadership promptly in a clear and respectful manner.
• Ability to follow HIPAA policies to maintain the privacy and security of patient information.
• Ability to read, interpret and follow documents such as policies and procedures.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations and safety rules.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to accurately perform mathematical calculations necessary to position.
• Computer knowledge, including: ERP, word processing, e-mail and other work-related computer systems.
• Ability to interpret and report on accounts payable data and reports from Infor/Lawson ERP system.
• Willing and able to troubleshoot Infor issues related to accounts payable.
• Demonstrates effective hand hygiene practices and follows all Infection Control and Prevention policies. Participates in infection control rounding or other activities as requested.
SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS:
• Ability to demonstrate values-based behavior.
• Willingness to learn, develop and seek opportunities for growth.
• Requires interpersonal skills, training, teamwork, problem analysis, customer service, independent judgment or action.
• Ability to train leaders and employees on using payroll software, policy, and process.
• Keeps abreast of changes in accounts payable rules and regulations through research, seminars, education, etc.
• Ability to handle multiple projects/tasks.
• Ability to remain professional and exhibit spirit of helpfulness.
• Ability to work effectively and communicate appropriately for customer’s needs.
• Uses reference material when appropriate.
• Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English; additional languages preferred.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum six (6) or more years’ experience in accounting and accounts payable, or similar position.
• Bachelor’s degree or four years related experience
• Demonstrated experience with accounting and record retention requirements specific to accounts payable.
• Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
• Experience working as sole accounts payable specialist
• Experience reconciling and managing expense report processing
• Experience preparing tax reporting related to accounts payable and payroll; and unclaimed property reporting
• Experience reconciling accounts payable and payroll and tracking related general ledger accounts
• Infor experience
• Healthcare experience
If this sounds like the job for you, apply today and interview tomorrow!