A great local company is looking for someone to temporarily fill their Maintenance Technician opening for properties located in Bremerton and Port Orchard (split position). Starting pay is $18.71/hour – regularly Mon-Fri 8am-4:30pm.
Employees in this classification are responsible for performing tasks in a wide variety of facility/equipment maintenance and repair occupational areas including HVAC, carpentry, electrical and plumbing trades. Employees are expected to function effectively and cooperatively as a member of a crew or independently as assigned. Assignments may be written or oral and employees are expected to complete all assignments without direct supervision. Work requires the safe and efficient operation of hand and power equipment to avoid injuries to the employee, other employees, the public and damage to equipment, facilities or structures. Duties require dealing with the public, tenants, and coworkers in a pleasant and courteous manner. Work is performed both indoors and outdoors in a variety of weather conditions depending on the assignment
•Completes maintenance of vacated units such as cleaning fixtures, repairing sheetrock, painting, re-keying locks and repair woodwork, cabinets, or doors;
•Performs basic carpentry tasks that require both rough carpentry and finish work, such as repairing sheetrock, building walls, installing shelves and cabinets, hanging doors and installing counters;
•Performs basic electrical tasks such as installing or replacing outlets, light ballasts, light fixtures, and electrical switches;
•Performs basic plumbing work such as clearing drains, replacing faucets and valves, installing sinks, repairing leaks;
•Performs basic HVAC maintenance and repair functions such as programming thermostats, lubing motors, replacing belts and filters;
•Run errands as needed; pick up supplies and deliver materials to worksites;
•Perform detailed routine procedures accurately under pressure with interruptions;
•Performs other duties as assigned.
•Provide on call assistance when scheduled.
•HS diploma or GED. High School diploma or equivalent required.
•One year of demonstrated housing maintenance experience; or a combination of education, experience, and training that indicates the ability to successfully perform the essential functions of the position listed above;
• Must have experience and be able to use the following modern office business equipment: Computer, Telephone; Copier; FAX machine; and other equipment as technology evolves and needs arise;
• Possess a valid Washington State Driver License;
• Possess valid vehicle insurance.
• Building maintenance and repair including HVAC, carpentry, plumbing, electrical trades and custodial work as required by the property;
• Materials, methods, procedures and techniques commonly used in the operation of equipment or maintenance and repair tasks related to the division assigned;
• Hazards and required safety precaution trainings of the work.
• Ability to pass WSP criminal background check for positions where the employee will or may have unsupervised access to children, developmentally delayed persons or vulnerable adults.
• Possession of, or the ability to obtain and maintain throughout employment, a valid Washington State driver’s license with fully insurable driving record and auto insurance.
• Learn and master the activities included in the property site maintenance program;
• Operate effectively and cooperatively as a member of a crew or independently;
• Operate and maintain equipment safely and effectively;
• Demonstrate physical strength and agility to perform the work in a safe manner; normal vision, depth perception and hand/eye coordination;
• Establish and maintain positive, effective working relationships with tenants, supervisors, site managers, other personnel, and the public;
• Follow through and complete tasks as assigned;
• Requisition materials; supplies and the use of equipment;
• Uses proper safety precautions, anticipates unsafe circumstances, and acts accordingly to prevent accidents. Responsible for the safety of self, others, materials, and equipment. Uses all required safety equipment;
• Displays initiative to resolve problems and capitalize on opportunities;
• Promotes cost-effective use of the organization’s resources;
• Communicates effectively both orally and in writing;
• Establishes and maintains cooperative and effective working relationships with those contacted in the performance of work;
• Maintains regular, reliable, and punctual attendance;
• Performs other duties as assigned.
If this sounds like the position for you, apply today and interview tomorrow!